Dr. Sudam Khade [I.A.S] Commissioner
Food and Drugs Administration is an independent Administration under the Public Health and Family Welfare Department, Government of Madhya Pradesh. The Department is functioning under the guidance of the Honorable Minister of Public Health & Family Welfare and in the Administrative supervision of the Principal Secretary, Public Health & Family Welfare Department. It came into independent existence on April 1st in the year 1979. Prior to this, it was a part of the Directorate of Health Services, M.P. The organization is headed by the Commissioner, Food Safety and Controller, Food & Drugs Administration who is an I.A.S Officer.
MFTL Sample data collection App
Shuddh App was enabled on 1st December 2020 for Mobile Food Testing Lab. Shuddh App enables MFTLs to collect data from various locations all over Madhya Pradesh. Using Shuddh FSO on site can work more effectively in a paperless manner.
Food Testing Lab Calculation App
Food Testing Lab Calculation App is Android app for testing labs to successfully perform food sample test using mobile App. This App gets the samples assigned to Chemists manually, Chemists perform tests on the App. Once finished reports go to FAs for Analysis and further processing.
Food Management Information System
Madhya Pradesh FDA's MIS is state of the art, information sharing system which gather's data for reporting, data keeping, data analysis and data processing. Using MIS FSOs around the state have gone paperless and have moved to more effective data reporting.
Online Food Licensing & Registration System (FoSCoS)
This system has completely eliminated the manual intervention from application processing system like physical submission of application with all the relevant documents and file movement. Applicants will receive License and Registration via emails throughout. The online system promises to provide a slew of services in a hassle free manner.
Online Drugs Licensing System (ODLS)
This system has completely eliminated the manual intervention from application processing system like physical submission of application with all the relevant documents and file movement. The online system promises to provide a slew of services in a hassle free manner.
PRECAUTIONS WHILE BUYING FOOD ARTICLES FOR CONSUMENRS
- Ensure that details like Manufacturing date, Best before/Use by/Expire date, Batch number/Lot Number, FSSAI License number, Name and Address of the Manufacturer/Importer, Name of origin country for Importer, List of Ingredient, Nutritional fact information are mentioned on the label of any packed food article.
- Powdered Spices should be always in packed condition.
- infant milk food, infant formula and milk cereal based weaning food, processed cereal based weaning food, Packaged drinking water & mineral water, food colours should have BIS mark.
- Condensed milk sweetened, condensed skimmed milk sweetened, milk powder, skimmed milk powder, partly skimmed milk powder and partly skimmed sweetened condensed milk shall not be bought except under Indian Standards Institution Certification (BIS) Mark.
- Do not consume very brightly unnatural coloured and polished food article such as fruit, vegetable, Black pepper etc.
- Ensure that adequate provision have been made to protect food articles such as open sweets, cut fruits from infection spread by house flies, mosquitoes and other insects.
- Every package of vegetarian food article should bear the symbol of a green sphere covered by a square with green coloured sides (.green image).
- Every package of a non vegetarian food article should bear the symbol of a chocolate coloured sphere covered by a square with same coloured sides.
- Beware of artificial ripening of fruits – An artificially ripened fruit will have patches and unnatural bright colour unlikely naturally ripened fruits. The artificially ripened fruit will look completely ripe from outside but it will not be so inside.
- The Fresh Fruits and Vegetables shall be free from rotting and free from coating of waxes, mineral oil and colours. Fresh fruits may be coated with bees wax (white and yellow) or carnauba wax or shellac wax at level not exceeding Good Manufacturing Practices under proper label declaration as provided in Regulation 2.4.5 (44) of Food Safety and Standards (Packaging and Labelling) regulations, 2011.
- The Blended Edible Vegetable Oils shall not be bought in loose form. It shall be bought in sealed package weighing not more than 15 litres. The container having blended edible vegetable oil shall be tamper proof. It shall also not be bought under the common or generic name of the oil used in the blend but shall be sold as “Blended Edible Vegetable Oil”. The sealed package shall be sold or offered for sale only under AGMARK certification mark bearing the label declarations as provided in the Regulations besides other labelling requirements under the Regulation 2.4.2 of Food Safety and Standards (Packaging and Labelling) regulations, 2011.
DRUGS PRECAUTIONS FOR SAFETY FOR CONSUMERS
- Do not use/consume medicines without consulting a doctor. Avoid self medication.
- Always purchase medicines from a licensed chemist and obtain cash memo.
- Ensure that the chemist supplies the medicine which has been prescribed by the registered medical practitioner.
- Consult Doctor if the medicine prescribed by him is not available. Check the expiry date of the medicine which is printed on the label.
- Do not use expired medicines.
- Ensure that the batch number of the medicines supplied tallies with the batch number mentioned in the cash memo.
- Do not pay more than the maximum retail price plus local taxes (if any)
- Keep the medicines out of the reach of children.
- Do not use/buy any medicine which is without label.
- Use the eye drops within one month of opening the container.
- In the case of any complaint contact the Chief Medical and Health Officer of the District who is also the ex-officio Dy. Director, Food and Drugs Administration or contact the Drugs Inspector of the District who is available in the Office of the Dy. Director, Food and Drugs Administration of the District.
- You may also contact Dy. Drugs Controller at the Office of the Controller, Food and Drugs Administration Madhya Pradesh, Idgah Hills, Bhopal (M.P.) for any complaint about medicines.
- Follow all the conditions mentioned in the label of the medicines/containers.
- Do not use any parenteral preparation if any particulate matter is visible in it.